09 10

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Creating Success around the World - Devi Chand from Hippiekingdom

Welcome to
 
Creating Success Around the World. The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.  
 





 
 
Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.

Here's the hosts. Click on the buttons to visit them and see who they are featuring this week.





Jill in Australasia
Jill in Australasia

Daffy in Asia
Daffy in Asia

Introducing this week's guest from India ---- Devi Chand of HippieKingdom 
 
 





 
 


Hello Devi,  It's good to have you here with us today! It's always great to meet talented people there. Tell us something about yourself?


I am Devi Chand, an artisan from India. Even as a little child, I loved to make things. My favorite things to make were the Christmas tree decorations – Santa from egg shells, little glittery balls from candy wrappers and miniature gift boxes from empty match boxes. I proudly hung them on the tree, then it felt like Christmas. My parents were super supportive in my artistic ventures and never complained about me messing up the house. 


I grew up and graduated in Accessory Design from National Institute of Fashion Technology. College inspired a creative life, it felt good, dreaming, making things and being crazy sometimes. 


I am always thinking of new and creative ways to reuse things that someone else might call trash. I have a collection of precious discoveries (known in the household as the Great Trash Pile) like empty duct tape rolls, refills, scratched cds and unknown parts of unknown objects that fell off at unknown times. They almost always find a way into my craft projects as a substitute to conventional jewelry findings or as a stencil or mould. I am fascinated by bright colors and happy patterns and play a lot with them in my designs. 




I think it's very nice to have a supportive parent.  So, What do you create?


I create jewelry from unconventional materials.





Your jewelry are unique stuff, What inspires you to create?


My creations are inspired by nature, and shapes that surround me. Sometimes, dreams strike new ideas.




What are your favorite materials to work with?


My favorite materials are paper, cardboard, hemp, yarn, straw and seeds.







How do you sell them?


I sell them online thorough Etsy, and also supply boutiques abroad.


http://www.etsy.com/shop/HippieKingdom



What did you learn from your mistake?


I love the creating part, and paid little attention to marketing when I started out. I soon realized that it is not so eazy to be found in this lovely creative world. Since then, I have joined teams, connected to people and have gained more exposure.


I agree with you. What does success means to you and have you achieved it?


My idea of success is to love the work I do, and to make a living with it. I am happy to have built relationships with many like minded people. I believe I have a long way to go.


What is next?


I would like to explore more materials, and introduce new lines. I would also like to sell in exhibitions and meet people.


Thanks for your lovely answers Devi - and for sharing your beautiful work with us!

Do go and visit Devi's shop and check out more of her wonderful creations!

----------------------------------------------------------------------


If you would like to be featured in an interview - then please contact your us!

Each featured guest here on Creating my way to Success, will also receive one week's free advertising in my sidebar as a thank you for your post!














2 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful Devi's jewellery is! I love all kinds of recycling and upcycling! I'm off to look at her shop now. Thanks for the introduction Daffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very beautiful shop!! I love it since I first see it!
    Thank you, dear Daffy, for introduction!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,I read and appreciate all feedback.